Monday, October 28, 2013

Spending...

This blog is about finance as most of you know and why I have 712 views, because you find it important to learn more about money. One aspect of finance is spending habits. Today I am going to make a little twist on that.

SPENDING.... Time with family.

Recently my grandmother was taken to the hospital. This is now her 6th day in ICU at Good Samaritan. She's been up and down. It seems when her breathing improves her kidneys get worse. When her kidneys get better, her heart rate races. They can't seem to find the best combination of medications for her so that all things get better.

This has been a tough couple of days, both on my grandmother and on my family. At the same time, it is the first time we've all been able to get together, uncles, aunts, cousins and so forth, in year. Normally there are too many different family things for us all to have a time to be in one place at one time.

She is such a loved person however, she brought all of us together, on multiple days. She even brought my dad down to the hospital and I am guessing they hadn't seen each other in 7+ years at the most recent. She is so loved that they were taking chairs from other rooms so most (not even all) of her guests could sit down comfortably. She is so loved that even know we had very little hope she was going to wake up and talk to us, we just wanted to be by her side while she rested for hours. She is so loved that her family has driven more than a combined 2,500 miles to sit by her silent side.

The lesson I have learned is that spending time with family is really one of the most important spending habits you can have. We've certainly laughed, cried and run the gamut of emotions in between. There's no one I would rather do that with than my family. In your daily life, practice responsible finance, in the big picture, remember family is always there... Until they're not.

Rachel is breathing better on her own, but has many toxins in her blood and the next step appears to be dialysis. Anyone that has even said a brief prayer for my grandmother, my family and I greatly appreciate it as we feel it is helping her fight on.

Like all other lessons that I have learned and am trying to pass along, I felt this was necessary as well.

I should be getting back to my old ways and financial tips next week.

This weeks lead pipe locks:
Since my grandma is from North Carolina, I will take the Panthers to cover by 7 and over 43 combined.


Prayers and thoughts appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment